1. What is the process of booking a tour?
a. The process to book a tour is as follows:
i. Register for desired tour, including the number of people in your group and dates.
ii. We will share an itinerary outline and cost estimate.
iii. You confirm your registration with a $500 deposit, per person, to hold your spots.
iv. We share a finalized, fully confirmed, itinerary for your tour.
v. Full payment for tour is due 8 – 12 weeks before departure.
vi. We all wait excitedly for our departure date!
2. Can I add-on additional destinations to a trip?
a. Yes! We encourage add-ons, and do our best to accommodate these adventures. Some add-on trips from past tours include: The Galapagos (Ecuador), Machu Picchu (Peru), the Amazon (Ecuador/Peru), Patagonia (Chile).
3. Does my payment to New View Tours cover travel insurance?
a. No. New View Tours does not provide travel insurance, nor do we include travel insurance in our tour rates. Obtaining insurance is the responsibility of travelers, but we do recommend having a travel insurance policy and suggest xxx, a travel insurance company we have worked with in the past. Note: Many personal health insurance plans have some type of coverage, so be sure to check with your provider to review your policy.
4. Does the number of people on the tour effect the cost of the trip?
a. Absolutely! [We should provide more detail here on how an increased number of travelers results in lower costs]
5. What do the listed prices include?
a. Prices listed are per person, double occupancy, based on 12 -16 persons; airfare and travel insurance are not included in the estimates.
6. Do I have to join a tour already on the calendar, or can I choose my own timing with a group of friends?
a. We currently have tours on our agenda, but are happy to accommodate new groups for dates we have not already scheduled. Please contact Ramelle [hyperlink to contact page] for more information.
7. I want to add-on to a trip, but I don’t see it listed on your site. Can you help me plan an add-on trip anyway, or should I plan it myself?
a. We can help! We have listed a few add-on trips, but that is just the beginning! Tell us where you want to go and we will do our best to fit it into a tour.
8. Why do you collect a deposit?
a. The $500 deposit secures your place in the selected tour. Because New View Tours is a small business, specializing in intimate tours, we need to ensure we can fulfill our commitment to all our customers. The deposit acts as a confirmation, and goes toward the total cost of the trip upon attendance. We can not refund deposits, but they are good for one year from the planned tour.